Thursday, July 06, 2006

Big Blogger 2 - Task #10-teen

This time, Big Blogger wants to know about the summer of our thirteenth year... such a nosy one, that Big Blogger. Well buckle your seatbelts and keep all your arms and legs inside the blog, folks - it's time to be disappointed.

As much as I wish I had another awexome tale of wacky hijinks, there's really not much to tell about. I remember that I was a junior counselor for a lameassed day camp at the youth center. There was a kid there named "Van," I always though that was a weird name. Oh sure, it would be understandable if he was Vietnamese or something... but Van was Honkey McWhiterson.

I know I've done all kinds of crazy shit over the years with my friends, but I can't specify which ones were the 13 year-old summer ones. And it's not like I don't remember what we did, either. We rehash everything on a monthly basis, telling the same old stories that never cease being funny to us. One of our dads (I think it was Phlegm's) once said that we were the only 12 year-olds he'd heard of that were nostalgic.

Sorry I don't have more to say on this one. I'm up to day 12 of the eternal move... and even though the end is in sight, it feels like it's been in sight for a week already.
Moving is so The Suck.

----
The Rest
of The Usual Suspects:
Cazzie!!!
Mark
LanternLight

The Rachy
Hillbilly Mom
TimT
Redneck Diva
Scottage

and the interloper outerloper, Doctor Evil

----
Previous Big Blogger 2 posts:
Theyyyyyyyy're Mediocre!
Infectious Grooves
The Shame of the Monkeybars
Roses Have Thorns: The Kleenex Box Ode
Abe Dawg's Playing Poker
Postcards From the Hedge
Your Friendly Neighborhood Asshole
You can't HANDLE the TRUTH!
Get 'em while they're hot!
Peeping In Windows... Sort Of.
The Attention Span of Modern Thought
Stew-Diddy Goes Electioneering


2 Comments:

Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

You know how some people name their kids after the place where they were conceived? Perhaps that is the origin of Van's name.

10:55 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

I hadn't thought of that, HM. Although this was several years ago, it's possible that Van's parents were quite the trendsetters...

I wonder if his middle name was Turkey?

10:13 AM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home