Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Big Blogger 2 - Supplemental

Here I was thinking about instituting a weekly featurette for the blog, when Big Knockers Blogger throws a meme right in my lap. I was leaning mroe towards sickass humor, but I'll play along today.
It's worth noting that in general I've resisted meme-blogging because I prefer to come up with my own halfassed writing, but when Big Blogger (and to a lesser extent, E. F. Hutton) talks, people listen. So without further ado, the meme of the moment:

Schooltime Meme. Cast your mind back to the early days of your primary school years, and see how you go.
  1. Name of your first teacher? Mrs Godfrey
  2. Name of best friend at school? Sam Scamardo (coincidentally, I was just thinking about him while driving home from work. Get outta my head, Rebecca!)
  3. Do you still know them now? Haven't seen him in at least 15 years, unfortunately.
  4. Name of first person you had a crush on at school? Kristin... someone. I can't recall her last name.
  5. Favourite lunch at school? At the time, it was hamburgers. In hindsight however, they were all equally bland.
  6. Do you still eat it now? My ability to demand higher-quality food has increased significantly since elementary school. I still enjoy a good burger of course, but it tastes a hella lot better than they made it in school.
  7. First award you got at school? Almost perfect attendance. I received this "award" two years in a row, only missing school the day before Thanksgiving because we would drive to my grandmother's house a bit early. In second grade I begged my dad to let me go to school the day before, and for us to drive there afterwards, (I never really gave him enough credit for doing little stuff like this. Sorry dad.) knowing that I would then be bestowed with the much more prestigious Perfect Attendance award. Naturally, I got the flu two weeks later.
  8. Age you first mastered the "monkeybars?" You assume that I've ever done this. The only reason I can put up a good showing at the monkeybars these days is because I'm now tall enough to reach them while standing on the ground.
  9. Favourite Canteen/Lunch Order "treat?" Push-ups. Hands down.
  10. Favourite schoolyard game? That's a tough one. At first, we didn't really play established games, per se, but just ran around on the slides and whatnot. The first "game" game I really remember liking was kickball - but that wasn't until 5th grade.
If I can amass enough content in advance - at least a month's worth, then I'll pull the trigger on the aforementioned "humor" thingie.

----
The rest of The Usual Suspects:
Cazzie!!!
Mark
LanternLight
The Rachy
Hillbilly Mom
TimT
Redneck Diva
Scottage

----
Previous Big Blogger 2 posts:
Theyyyyyyyy're Mediocre!
Infectious Grooves

----
Update: Hi Sam. (or Sam's Mom, in which case, sorry you were ambushed by the salty language...)


1 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Heya Stewed Hamm, what say we , that is..you and I as blogmates have a burger and a push up together some time? We could forge an allegiance to each other, kinda like a posse and clean "DA House" up with my "Cazzie's Cool Cleaner" afterwards..I mean, it has to be enticing for you doesn't it? Burger+ a push up = fun with The Cazzie!!! in DA House. :)
P.S. I am not doing this just to prevent my very own eviction..not at all, on the contrary, I just love to make friends.

11:11 PM, May 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home