Thursday, August 11, 2005

Pictures of your mama, taken by your papa a long time ago

Yeah, I realize I'm tempting the fates here by posting thrice today... but the little geek living inside me won't let the occasion slip by without a mention.

Thanks to idle curiosity, I stumbled across the Favicon site tonight. Due to their selfless dedication to the pursuit of almost pointless projects, I'm now sporting the snazzy Icon next to the address bar in your browser. Or if you're one of the cool kids who's wised up to Firefox, you'll get twice the love with an icon on your tab too.

Now that I've got a new toy to play with, I'll prolly switch it around a couple times until I'm satisfied with it. I've got a couple ideas, but there's only so much you can fit into 225 pixels. Until then, my cheapass St. Andrew's Cross will do just fine.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Firefox so how can I get myself some funky stuff?! (When it comes to computers I am like a 14-year-old Catholic schoolgirl, willing but useless when it comes to the crunch)

1:21 PM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Easily done.

The first step is the most difficult, of course. It consists of finding or creating the proper image. Either make it yourself at 15x15 pixels or have the Favicon page render it for you from the image of your choice.

After that, upload your image to the same folder as the rest of your page's files (or a 3rd party image hosting service like photobucket) and add a line of code to your page.

in the [head] tag just add [link rel="shortcut icon" href="your file"]
(you'll have to replace the straight brackets with angled ones, of course.)

That's it, really. Then you'll have a pointless icon like me!

12:46 AM, August 14, 2005  
Blogger Ryan said...

Oh damn all the things that are mighty!!! I have had that song stuck in my head for many a month until suddenly it disappeared...only to be slapped in the face with it on visiting your blog...another six months of pure Kinks agony... :)

11:06 PM, August 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh huh! I'll give it a try but I can't promise how successful I will be

3:52 AM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

At work, whenever someone gets a sone stuck in their head, we all join in a rousing chorus of Lunchlady Land. By the time "hoagies and grinders" come up, the original song is long forgotten... of course, we've all got Happy Gilmore trotting through our skulls, but it's a small price to pay.

5:22 AM, August 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home