Sunday, July 31, 2005

Your laser burns fractal as you spray the crowd

Anyone who depends on me for links to good webcomics will know that Counter Culture has departed from us for good this week. The strip has been "done" for a couple weeks now, but was finally taken offline within the last couple days. I don't check every strip every day, so I admit I don't know the exact date - only that I discovered it gone today.
Counter Culture was a strip I read because in large part I lived it. I did my time in retail, and can relate to practically each one of those strips from personal experience.

I generally don't write fan mail or the like, but I had to speak up when Omi and Jawa announced the end had arrived. I jotted down a pleasant little letter thanking them for the strip and wishing them the best of luck in their future endeavours. Honestly, it's a bit pigheaded of me to not speak up and thank all the creators I link to - artists, writers, or whatever. A link is nice, but just the simple act of saying thanks goes miles.
I've been blogging for around 11 months now, and I tell you I treasure every comment I get... even the spammity ones that are completely irrelevant. It's all validation that my sick little brain craves, and keeps me doing what I do here... whatever the hell that is.

Long story short, (too late) I won't ask you to write a couple of thank you letters today, since that's pretty damn hypocritical... but I'm going to send out a few of my own.


LAZER NOISE!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get the connection to the movie?

8:20 AM, July 31, 2005  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

It's a running gag in the film. Wadsworth constantly explains things in much more detail than is necessary.

Add it to the list of movies you need to see, Rachel. It's out on DVD, you know. ^_^

12:28 AM, August 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home