Monday, January 22, 2007

Half way here they whisper

I slept for at least 22 hours yesterday. The funny thing is that I'm still tired...

Believe me, it wasn't by choice that I caught all those Z's. I was knocked-on-my-ass sick, and confined to bed. If I even tried to raise my head, then I learned new definitions for pain. So when faced with at least an entire day filled with nothing, what else could I do?

I'm still pretty wobbly today... mostly from not eating anything since Saturday morning. All I felt confident in holding down this morning was a slice of toast. So, yeah, none of that is at all conducive to being able to carry on a conversation in English, much less in any other language.

This is a rather depressing post, isn't it? I wonder if it has anything to do with this? Perhaps...
So, in a desperate attempt to steer this post away from the cliff's edge, I'll give the Super Bowl a shout out. Da Bears vs. Peyton Manning and his underlings... not that I really care. My main focus this year is that it's been 22 years since the original Super Bowl Shuffle, and that's at least 21 years too long in my book.


1 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Ugh...don't want what you've had. I've been sick for over 2 weeks, but not the kind of sick where you can't get out of bed. Besides, to me it doesn't count as true illness unless it prevents me from eating.

7:46 PM, January 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home