Sunday, September 17, 2006

Something is out there - I hear it!

What I Did on My Blogoversary, a (shitty) essay by Stewed Hamm

Yesterday the 16th was, of course, my second blogoversary. Initially, I had planned a more retrospective post for this morning... sort of a "Where have we been, and where are we going" kind of thing. But who wants to read that pap? Seriously, that's why MySpace was invented... that and the proliferation of animated gifs.
Anyway, I realized as I was starting to write the post out, that I had a pretty good day today, so I'd rather just share that with my readers. (yes, all both of you)

So I started out by catching up on blog reading. I hadn't been over to Ace's in almost a week. (I'm such a hack at the AOS Lifestyle) After lunch, I watched Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail with some friends, rather than opting for the Hammistan U. football game. (Hammhocks won anyway)

Went to see my friend Frosty Jack's band. Asses, faces, and sox were thoroughly rocked. Unfortunately, one of the bandmembers chose to infect the show with his stupid-assed politics (something he typically does, but it's gotten increasingly idiotic as time progresses)
For most of the show, I sat with some friends, and tried to ignore the ignorant philosophy behind his "Anti Zionist" T-shirt that was rolling around in my head. Seriously, how one-sided and thoughtless does someone have to be to actually espouse the idea that a certain group of people should be denied the right of self-determination and exist by the good graces of the rest of the world who may or may not decide to start a pogrom upon them?
Then I realized that 1) I shouldn't let some art-school twit ruin a good metal show, and 2) I didn't pay a fucking cent to get in the door. Still, I couldn't in good conscience buy a T-shirt from them at the show, but I can probably corral one out of FJ later on.
I did decide that I'm definitely getting a shirt with the Israeli flag on it for their next show. If stickmonkey wants to start some shit over my eveningwear, I can hold my own.

The perfect topper to my evening was that my car didn't get towed from my "creative" parking space. I doubt I could ask for anything more.


1 Comments:

Blogger Cece said...

=^..^= ?

heya, long time babe.

If I am wrong, I will be wrong.

1:34 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home