Monday, December 11, 2006

In this world those golden rules may seem like they're made for fools

A-hem. Is this thing on?

So... yeah. I suppose I could try and explain myself.
I needed a break - badly. Classes were kicking my ass, and all I wanted to do was blog about pointless crap - even if I wasn't actually producing any posts, regardless of their subject. Oh sure, I could have taken a "rest" from the blog but like a siren it would always be there calling out to me... However, if I quit? Well, that's another tomato, isn't it?

To quote John Sullivan Dwight:
"Rest is not quitting
The busy career,
Rest is the fitting
Of self to one’s sphere."
In retrospect, it was the right decision. Almost as soon as I said I was out, I thought of all kinds of things to post... but I held firm. That in itself is a challenge for me, even in minor things like battling nose-zits and the like. I did compromise by remaining an active poster and reader of my friends blogs... so it wasn't like I was truly gone. Most importantly, I put school first and did what I could to fit everything else around that. I'm sure you all understand.

Anyway, I'm back to blogging. And as fate would have it, I haven't got a damned thing to say. What I can do is promise you guys that I won't up and quit on you again. You wouldn't believe me, anyway.

It's good to be back.


1 Comments:

Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Well fuck... nobody loves me but the penis-pill salesforce and the guys looking for song lyrics. At least I managed to make my retirement last longer than Dave's from Garfield Ridge.

3:30 AM, December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home