Friday, December 16, 2005

Have you met my friend Kyle's mom?

If you haven't heard anything at all about "Brokeback Mountain," and were planning on seeing it sometime in the near future, then by all means, look away quickly.

Right.

So pretty much all anyone is saying about this movie in the publicity circuit is that it's about


GAY COWBOYS!!!!

Which, really only goes to show you that Eric Cartman is the most prescient film critic in the fucking universe... and hell, he's only a cartoon. What reamins to be discovered of course, is the exact extent that bucketfuls of pudding play in the film.

I'm not one to throw out spoilers, so I'll leave the pudding question for you guys to discover on your own. What I did want to share was my personal favorite scene from Brokeback Mountain. (or, as I like to call it, "Rocky Mountain Bi.") The Christmas scene where our two pudding-eating protagonists are exchanging gifts with each other was quite touching. When they both open up the tastefully wrapped boxes, and to our surprise everyone gets assless chaps! It was like the queer "Gift of the Magi" or something.
Also a treat was the cameo from the indian chief from the Village People. I understand that it was a bit tricky plot-wise to work in the sailor and the biker, but still - it woulda been cool to see everyone in action.

Anyway, that's my report. I'll see you next time at the movies... (I'll be the guy in the raincoat making low moaning noises.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if I'm the only one who sees the irony in the movie's title?

And thanks for your comments on that post I wrote, they really put a smile on my face. The same goes for you, mate. We will drink that beer one day, or two... or maybe even 10 if weather permits!

Take care over Christmas and the new year, I'll be thinking of you :-)

7:48 PM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home