Saturday, December 10, 2005

Well, I was unshakable in what I did believe

Our buddy Rachel is a corker of the highest order. If you haven't poked your nose around over at her site, here's just a taste of what you're missing:

Racism, Eh?

A few weeks ago I had some quiet drinks with fellow bloggers and TimT gave me a present. A yellow sticker for the back of my wheelchair stating “Terrorists. Fuck ‘em” with a great big middle finger sticking up. I immediately had him put it on the back of my chair figuring it would be a great way to start conversations, I just didn’t realise how great.

Someone noticed it on my chair yesterday and the following conversation ensued,

“Rach, don’t you think that sticker is, um, just a little racist?”

“No, why? I don’t have anything against the Irish as a people.”

“That’s not what I meant and you know it.”

“Well, I don’t have a problem with the Basques or Tamils as a people either.”

“C’mon Rach, you know what I mean.”

“No I don’t, please explain.”

“Don’t you think it’s a little anti-Muslim?”

“Well who’s racist now?”

“That’s not fair.”

“Neither is referring to a religion as a race.”

“Do you realise how bloody facetious you are?”

“Yep.”

“Another round of beer?”

“For sure.”

All terrorists can go get stuffed in my opinion, whether Irish, Basque, Islamic or Tamil or whatever the fuck. Nothing can ever justify the killing of innocent people to instill fear in a whole population just because you think your cause is so darned special.

I laughed myself silly at that one, Rach. Thanks for making my day. Although now that I mention it, you're probably posting another insane search string right now... because that's what I'm thinking about posting later on today.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home