Thursday, December 30, 2004

I feel so sad, I guess my race is run

Dunh-Dunh!

If there's one thing I enjoy on the cultural wasteland that is TV, it's a well-written cop show. For all the good things I've had to say about Kuh-Sai, my favorite is Law & Order. (Law & Order: SUV, to be precise) So naturally, I can't let yesterday go by without saying a little something...

Dunh-Dunh!

It seems like Jerry Orbach was on L&O forever, and the reruns on cable just serve to reinforce that impression, but Jerry was one of the first of the "new characters" brought onto the show, starting in the third season. Very rarely, I'll come across one of the old Paul Sorvino episodes playing, and it just doesn't seem right. Orbach was Law & Order.
Kind of sad, really, that he was being farmed out to the new version (#6, for those of you keeping score at home) entitled "Law & Order: Trial by Jury." Yes, I know it was because he was dealing with cancer, but that doesn't mean we've got to like it. Put the bucket away, Mr. Wolf, the cow is drying up before our very eyes.
Still, I'd like to think that Det. Briscoe will be solving crimes forever, and with Ben Sinclair's help, he will.


Dunh-Dunh!

PMSNBC has a decent write-up of Jerry's career here, talking a lot about his early work in theater, and films. Frightening to think that he also played the odiously French candlestick in Beauty & The Beast...

Dunh-Dunh!

The good news that gets overshadowed by Mr. Orbach's passing, is the L&O marathon on TNT Jan 2nd. They usually drag out the older episodes for these, rather than showing the most recent 2 or 3 seasons, so you'll get the full slate of Orbacchanalia. I'm so there, it'll take Ice-T (who's, like, a cop or something, yo) to drag me away.
They'd better have something nice to say about Jerry, though.

Dunh-Dunh!

Edit: Damn, how could I forget the SUV marathon on USA all day on the 31st? My "bad," as they say. Turn the puter off, and go watch the Belz catch crazy-ass dog-rapists.

Dunh-Dunh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home