Thursday, August 30, 2007

But you're mistaking speed for getting what you need

I've been struck by the inspirationy goodness of Hillbilly Mom's Random Thought Thursday posts, so here I am back again to blog you like a hurricane. In fact, I've got so much inspiration, I just invented the word "inspirationy.")

So anyway, earlier this week I was driving home from work when I saw a red Ford Explorer driving through Hammistan. It had special edition Mississippi plates that said "Support Petal Schools," which naturally made me think of our friend Meanie. I naturally wondered out loud if that was Mr. and Mrs. McTimmslastname ahead of me, but then I thought "nah, she was supposed to be working today."

Then again, I've learned a thing or two during all this time that I've read her blog. I immediately came back with "You know... she could be making a break for it."

P.S. Hillbilly Mom, you might want to keep a better eye on your significant other. Sounds to me like he's been up to a shenanigan or two.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Petal is our football rival.

I don't work for Petal Schools, even though I live there. Petal is known for being the best school district in the state, but they make sure to bring it up approximately every four seconds in any conversation. Snooty, if you ask me, especially considering that the best school district in the state probably wouldn't look so hot if you compared them to schools nationwide.

Being the best school district in MS is like being the skinniest kid at Fat Camp. I'm not hating on Mississippi, but I've seen the test results, and that 40% poverty level ain't budgin'.

I work for a district that is looked down on for being "rough," but what those closet racists really mean by "rough" is "majority black," and it's actually a very good school. I proudly display my Non-Petal School District sticker on the back of my car. Petal can suck suck suck it.

Besides, the demographic in this town is changing, and white flight in Petal is only about 5 years away, if that long. We'll see how many specialized tags are out there when the middle class Petal parents realize their kids are going to school with more and more of the "rough" kids.

Soapbox. I'm sorry.

10:43 PM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Preach on, Meanie. Soapboxes are just non-digital blogs.

I didn't mean to imply that you worked for Petal schools, just that you have mentioned the place a couple-three times on the blog. Besides, I can't imagine Desk-Throwing School Dist. getting it's own license plate...

I also note that you didn't address my theory that you're on the lam. In the future, I'll ixnay on that ubjectsay so the Heat doesn't track you down. Best of luck to you.

1:10 AM, September 02, 2007  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

LOL I am laughing here..imagine what HBM will say

8:58 PM, September 02, 2007  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Some days I would pay someone else to take him. Like today, for instance. Only one thing is for certain.

HH WILL. SHENAN. AGAIN.

9:26 PM, September 08, 2007  
Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

I wasn't fussing! Just ranting about Petal schools. It's like Cheerleader High. So snooty.

12:31 PM, September 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home