Friday, September 15, 2006

Through the storm we reach the shore

The blog was down this morning, I'm not sure for how long. I want to apologize to all the people who were trying to look for information about song lyrics or Kirsten Dunst's tits. Anyway, one "republish all" and we're back in business.

So as long as i'm here, I might as well put up an attempt at a real post, huh. I've been meaning to write a little about what I did on September 11th, but I'm not sure that it's at all interesting. Then again, it's not like anyone reads this thing...

September 11th was one of the toughest days I've had this year. I think it's mostly because I haven't really gotten over the attacks. It's not that I lost someone special, or knew someone... hell, I don't even like New York -- prior to the attacks I absolutely despised it. It's just a basic human reaction to something so evil, I suppose.
While I was content to spend the morning reading blog tributes, and looking through some of the memoriams at the 2996 project, a good friend dragged me out of the house and forced me to get out in public. Naturally, it was raining and grey - fitting weather for a somber morning. I moped around in Target and tried to pretend I were interested in looking for whatever it was we were there for... but I just couldn't make the effort.

If you're a mopey bastard like I am, then you're dwelling in the past and letting evil win the day. Defeat those inhuman fucks by going on with your life and refusing to submit. However, if you're cheerful and active, then you're callous or insensitive to the tragedy of that day and you have no soul. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

I bought a copy of United 93, though I know it's going to be a long time until i can actually watch it. Anyway, the symbolism made me feel better, and by the time I got home it was a sunny afternoon. I posted my flag at full staff to give islam a special "Fuck You" and went about my life.


2 Comments:

Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Blogger is such a piece of shit...

Anyway, maybe the blog will stay up, maybe it won't. Either way, I hope both my readers aren't inconvienenced.

10:01 AM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

I was not inconvenienced at all, my dear StewMann.

9:58 PM, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home