Thursday, January 05, 2006

And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.

Prepare yourselves to be absolutely sickened. (Hat tip on this to Michelle Malkin reader Bill K., though nobody would actually seek credit for evil news like this)

A child rapist in Vermont was just handed a cruel sentence to punish him for his heinous crimes, which consist of repeated rape of a seven year-old little girl that continued for over four years. The crime itself is horrifying enough, and I can't imagine what anyone could say to that little girl, now age 10, to comfort her as she battles this inner demon for the rest of her life.

I'm sure she'll have righteous comfort in her attacker's sixty day-long sentence.

But wait, there's more. The sentence was so ludicrously wrist-slappingly light because the judge, one Edward Cashman, "also revealed that he once handed down stiff sentences when he first got on the bench 25 years ago, but he no longer believes in punishment."

OK, I'm probably just being naive here, but why in God's name is this person a judge if he no longer believes in punishing the guilty? Judge Cashman needs to step down from the bench immdeiately, or face a swift impeachment. Barring that, I could proscribe a program of repeated rape over at least four years... I betcha that will restore his vision on punighing the wicked.
Judge Cashman needs to be confronted with this traumatized little girl's face for the rest of his life. Her attacker will be free in two short months, and out on the streets ready to start all over again with another innocent child.

Pardon me, but I have to go vomit now.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon me, but I have to go vomit now.

Me too.

I wonder if he would still have a disbelief in punishment if this happened to him or a loved one. I am absolutely sick of the rights of the perpetrator being taken into account more than the rights of the victim.

He should be debarred, plain and simple.

4:25 AM, January 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home