Thursday, November 11, 2004

Murder is like anything you take to

Now that we're rid of Yasser, can Stuckey's finally have their tablecloth back?

If it wasn't for being engrossed in kuh-sai-nai and CBS's jarring interruption of the end, I might not have been able to choke back the vomit at watching the subsequent Arafat love-in that was offered as reporting on his death. It took a few minutes for me to realize that CBS wasn't going to be bothered with objectivity on this report... I guess nobody forged them any documents about Yasser's character flaws. It's not as if it takes a lot of digging to find any of that shit, though. For example: if I have to hear one more time about his Nobel Prize for the Oslo agreement, without any mention of his absolute refusal to implement any of the terms, I may just lose it.
Look, I also go to a lot of drawn-out meetings that end with no results... can I have a Nobel Prize too?

I'm not going to dredge through every moment of the decades of the Israel-Palestine conflict, as this is neither the time nor place for it. There are plenty of solidly researched and well-documented articles that any reference library can point you to. No, Virginia, the first ten links on Google are not a reference library.

Suffice it to say that there's one less terrorist in the world tonight. I'll sleep a little better for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger di said...

I'll give you a Nobel Prize in being a badass. How's that?

11:32 PM, November 11, 2004  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

How could I refuse an award based solely on my badassedness? You've got yourself a deal, Di. (if for no other reason than you're way hotter than the King of Sweden.)

No really, scroll down and take a good look at that dude. He looks like an extra from a Police Academy movie for chrissakes. He makes Paul Tsongas look like Colin Ferrel.
Rack up another goose egg for European royal bloodlines! Huzzah for inbreeding!

2:18 AM, November 12, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home