Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Feelin' Kinda Strange

No typey-type for a while. Life must be better than I give it credit for.

However, all night I've had strange machinations going through my head. Not anything sinister of course, just weird thoughts.
For instance, the following words are (at the moment) exceedingly wierd:
  • Blunderbuss
  • ukelele
  • prawn
  • chair

A blunderbuss, at least as I've always understood it, is an early form of shotgun. Essentially, it's a big funnel that scrap metal is poured into and blasted out at some unsuspecting target. Ok, not really. But as a kid, I always imagined it like this because of the funnel-shaped end of the barrel.

Ukelelelelele... obviously, they just forgot to stop typing.

Prawn - definately doesn't sound edible. Also scores gravy points for being paradoxical. (It's a giant shrimp)

Chair. What can I say about "chair" really? It's always been a really weird word for me. When someone asks me about levels of meaning, I usually reply with "Why is a chair called a chair, and not Quetzalcoatl?" Then I ramble off about my theory on colors being different for every person. They only look normal to us because we've always seen them as such.

Come to think of it, Quetzalcoatl is a pretty wierd word too... but I'm not going to fault a guy for his name.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home