Sunday, September 18, 2005

Every step I take I'm further down the line

OK, I need to take a breath here before I completely derail the blog and become 100% political. What started out as poking fun at dumbassed Red Cross political correctness got heavily political rather quickly. While I'm not backing off that particular post, I am backing off politics for a while before I just chuck it all and join the pajamahadeen full-time.

I've already taken measures to force a 2 posts-per-day limit upon myself, but I still get caught up in the events of the day. I guess I'm just not looking hard enough for dumbasses outside the political arena, and for that, I should apologize to my readers... both of you.

So with that in mind, I hereby promise that my next post with be about one of the following:
  • Stupid Athletes. (With the NFL back in business, this shouldn't be too hard)
  • Stupid Celebrities (a perennial favorite)
  • Garden-variety wierd shit
  • Stuckey's (as if I could not post about Stuckey's!)
Now, I can't just go out and make someone blow up a whale, or commit lava-lamp suicide, or anything... but If stupid news breaks, I'll be all over it like collagen on Joan Rivers.

You've got my word on it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what exactly is the deal with Stuckey's anyway?

11:47 AM, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Rachel Croucher said...

PS use pictures and the carefully selected occasional swearword and bitches will be crawling off your blog like a hoe from bling...

12:00 PM, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

What isn't the deal with Stuckey's!

Actually, I have little idea why Stuckey's fascinates me so. It's most likely a byproduct of growing up in the south and taking lots of road trips. There was always a Stuckey's in some little hole-in-the-wall town and I could never figure out who stopped there... because my dad certainly wouldn't.
I wager there are plenty of other people out there that feel the same way.

Stuckey's makes a pretty mean pecan log, too.

1:45 PM, September 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought pecan logs were what Newt Gingrich pooped.... (Now guess who I am, in my anonymous guise!)

11:00 PM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Well, the only person I could think of who would attempt to denigrate Newt Gingrich and Stuckey's in one go is Newt's former opponent, Ben Jones. Of course, you all probably know him better as the original "Cooter" from the Dukes of Hazzard.
It's an honor and a pleasure to have you stop by, Coot. I take it since you were able to get into the internet cafe today, you got your monthly check from the county.

11:22 PM, October 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home