Sunday, August 21, 2005

I can tell you how this ends, we're going to win this

Generally I don't make a habit out of posting all the silly pictures that float around on the Webinet, as you all well know... but This one so aptly describes the last month that it applies.





During the last month, at least, on every single occasion that I've had to purchase gas it's been the day after oil prices hit a record high. I caught it at $50, $57, $60, and $62. Each. damn. day.
Typically, I can go about 10 days when I'm just commuting and running a couple small errands, so I figured that I'd get some strategery and top off the tank in mid-cycle so I wouldn't get raped over a barrel. No such luck, I discovered that that was the day after oil topped $60.

By the time the my most recent fill-up came 'round, I didn't even bother getting out my wallet as I approached the register. I just dropped trou and told the clerk to take what she needed and I'd get on with my day.

Now you'll likely be asking yourself why I'm riffing on a trite subject like gas prices. Surely it can't be a sad excuse to post someone else's artwork and squeeze a lame chuckle of blood from the Intertron's stone... No friends, it's a simple public service that I do today.

I simply want to warn you all that my gas gauge is getting low again, so you'd be wise to beat the impending stratospheric price hike that will surely happen in about 3 days when I need to buy gas and the new record price for oil is so high it cannot be expressed in real numbers.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the war for oil pushed up prices? Damn those neocons!

2:13 AM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

[tinfoil hat]
Damn those neocons indeed. How dare they cause India and China to have almost 3 times as much demand now than they did 10 years ago! How dare KKKarl Rove cause simple economics to state that when demand of a good increases that prices naturally rise.

It's all because of the illegal war for oil! Can't you people see that it's Bu$Hitler's fault??
[/tinfoil hat]

Thanks for the chuckle Rachel.

5:25 AM, August 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you realised it was all for a chuckle! And really, how dare the general populations of India and China wish to take control of their own affairs? How dare outside governments try and impose freedom upon the general population? (forgive me for quoting Rousseau)... it certainly was a war for oil in that certain frogs did not want to lose their contracts... I'm ranting, I'll shut up now

I hope to have a beer with you some time in this lifetime. Or two. Or 10!

8:04 AM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

I don't think my dayplanner goes out to 10 lifetimes - but I'll pencil you in for sometime in the current one.

12:27 PM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home