Sunday, July 17, 2005

You referred to the way of the sword as hope

A quick item that I came across on Michelle Malkin.

Apparently I want to kill Paul Begala... and furthermore I'm taking his kids along for the ride.
Damn, and here I sit not even realizing I've felt this way for so long. Naturally, Mr. Begala would know what I'm thinking better than I do. Remember that he's one of those nice people from the Clinton Administration who worked tirelessly to keep me from having to make any dangerous choices about my life, and tried to get good ol Uncle Sam to make them for me.

Seriously though, this is what sadly passes for critical thinking on the left. Mr. Begala's remarks were made at something called the "Campus Progress National Student Conference" which claimed to be "providing liberal students with the tools necessary to fight the conservative movement." Even more ironic is the fact that the remarks were made at a panel discussion entitled "Winning the war of ideas." In the words of a courageous American, "Bring 'em on."

If the best advice they've got is name-calling and foul language, then we should be done with the idea war by dinnertime. I'm reminded of the legal adage that goes "If you have the facts, argue the facts. If you have the law, argue the law. If you have neither, just argue!" That's all the left is doing now: arguing for its own sake. There's not one salient point made at this ridiculous hate-fest of a conference, it's all just rhetoric.

For those of you who don't feel like wading through the entire article, here's Paul's Greatest Hits:
  • Republicans have done a piss-poor job of defending the US.
  • Rebublicans want to kill us.
  • "They want to kill me and my children if they can. But if they just kill me and not my children, they want my children to be comforted -- that while they didn't protect me because they cut my taxes, my children won't have to pay any money on the money they inherit."
  • The Clinton administration's national security efforts involved the right blend of "experience" and "strength." (ahem - WTC 93, Turning down Sudan's offer to give us Osama - twice!, Riyadh 95, Khobar Towers 96, Kenya & Tanzania Embassies 98, USS Cole 2000)
  • "Okay, [Republicans] are utterly and completely brain-dead."

As a bonus, here's Clinton Chief-of-Staff John Podesta from the same panel: "You can fight hard for what you believe without breaking the law, without cheating and certainly without checking your morals at the door."
If only someone had told Bill...

Betsy's Page and New Editor have more commentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home