Monday, June 20, 2005

I've seen the future, and it will be...

BATMAN!

By the great omnipotent Osmonds, Batman Begins was fucking incredible! The director, Chris Nolan, essentially took Joel Schumacher and his plasticine Bat-Nipples out behind the woodshed and beat the snot out of him with a mattock handle. Seriously, if there is such a thing as the perfect Batman movie - this is it. It is the Omega-Batflick.

Usually, I could nitpick a geek film like this apart despite all it's qualities (and believe me, I've done it before) but there will be no such thing happening today. The only thing I could even possibly complain about would be Cillian Murphy's impression of Jeffrey Combs. Even then, I've got no gripes because that's the way the character should be played. Jeffrey Combs nailed the part for the animated series, and out of either respect or fear (either one is plausible for him) Murphy is made to look like a Jeffrey Combs clone for the movie.

So in lieu of complaints, I'll offer this smart-assed comment sure to completely ruin the movie for you if you read it before you go to the theater... Highlight away if you're brave.
I think it would have been a nice homage if the scene in which Lucius Fox (played by Morgan Freeman) and Bruce Wayne are taking the tumbler on a test-drive had ended with Fox asking "You want I should drive you to the sto, Massa Wayne?"

Yes, I'm well aware I'm an ass. Thank you for your consideration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home